training yoga teachers in pregnacy yoga
website under construction
Pregnancy Teacher Training
March 11- 14 2019
We believe Pregnancy Yoga is for every pregnant woman. We hope that this course will give the teacher the skills and knowledge to teach pregnant women safely and with confidence and joy. We know that by practicing yoga women feel more in tune with their bodies, building confidence through the emotional and physical transitions of pregnancy and gathering tools to prepare for a satisfying birth.
love yoga training
What we cover:
* Yoga movements and postures suitable for the second and third trimesters, to guide pregnant women in working intuitively and safely with their changing bodies; to strengthen the body and work with common ailments, strains or stress both physical and emotional that may present during pregnancy. Use of props.
* Breathing and visualisation techniques to connect with birthing body and the baby.
* Introduction to breathing exercises, relaxation techniques, sound work and visualisations which are ideal for labour as well as powerful tools to be used at any time throughout the pregnancy, childbirth and beyond..
* Pelvic floor : Why, how and when. Tutorial with specialist Physio.
* Do’s and Don’ts, Contraindicaions.
* The spiritual aspects of pregnancy and birth.
* Working with an exercise ball or chair for both pregnancy and in preparation for labour.
* Postures and movement to encourage optimal foetal positioning.
* Birth and labour – description of `normal’ physiology using both anatomical images and model of the pelvis and baby. We also cover birth using induction, intervention, and caesarean section.
* Pre and postnatal Anatomy and Physiology
* Understanding breath physiology, roles of hormones and the nervous system in labour
* Class sequencing. Different ways to run and facilitate pregnancy yoga classes. How to create a beautiful and nurturing atmosphere where women can come to listen and /or share their experiences, anxieties and questions
This teacher training will be run by Lulu, Deanne and Sunnah. We will have tutorials from a practising midwife and a specialist womens health physiotherapist.
Before you start the course:
Students are required to do some pre-course reading (See recommended books) and minimum of one class observation with one of the tutors.
* Sitting in with one of the course tutors and writing up observations
* Creating a class plan to include modifications and use of props for women with different ailments.
* Teaching a class that will be observed and assessed by the course tutors
Students are expected to:
* Attend and participate in all classes in the schedule.
* Successfully complete all assessments
The total cost of this course is £650 (Early bird price of £600 if booked by January 15th 2019) which covers -
* Four day training
* A fifth and final assessment day
* Course Manual
* Attendance to any of the tutors classes for observation purposes
An initial deposit of £300 is essential to secure your place. The remaining amount will be due no later than Monday 11th February 2019.
This 50 hour course will be made up of training days, observations, self-study and assessments.
£150 of your payment is a non – refundable deposit.
Unfortunately any cancellation 30 days prior to the training is fully non refundable
Location: Cecil Sharp House, 2 Regent's Park Rd, Camden Town, London NW1 7AY
Dates: 11th – 14th March 2018
*There will be an assessment day set for 4- 6 weeks later. Date and location tbc.* (Maybe best to have this date in place????)**
This course is open to yoga teachers and professional birth workers such as midwives or doulas who have an established yoga practice of minimum 2 years ( and will require a reference from current teacher).
If you would like to apply for this course please contact Sunnah directly for an application form Sunnahrose@hotmail.com
Pregnancy yoga classes for observation -
Holy Trinity Church, Church Lane, N2
* Tuesdays 7pm
* Saturdays 11:15am
Triyoga, Jamestown Road, NW1
* Thursday 12pm
Parsons Green The Power Yoga Company, SW6 4EH
Tuesday 2-3.30pm (YogaBirth class with tea and info)
Chiswick Hayloft Studios, W4 1QZ
Hammersmith Lumi Power Yoga, W6 9JG
Friday 12.30-1.30pm. More from Jan 2019